– September 24-25, 2016: Silicon Valley Dance Festival: Across the Current Now
Menlo-Atherton Performing Arts Center (Atherton, CA)
Choreography by Philein Wang, Christian Burns, Winifred R. Harris, Holly Johnston & and the artists of LEDGES AND BONES as well as Babatunji, Alysia Chang, Vincent Chavez, Elizabeth Chitty, Charles Roy, and Michele Wong.
– June 2-23, 2014: J/OUR/NEY, 5-city tour in China
LDTX Studio Theater (Beijing); Kunshan Theater (Kunshan); Xiangyang Theater (Xiangyang); Daqing Opera House (Daqing); Dalian Theater (Dalian).
Choreography by Philein Wang, Yuri Zhukov, and Shaylen Keller.
– May 31, 2014: J/OUR/NEY, Little Boxes Theater, (San Francisco)
Excerpts of choreography by Philein Wang and Yuri Zhukov.
– October 26-28, 2012: Seeking Resolve –– ZiRu Productions’ 5th Anniversary Home Season –– ODC Studio B (San Francisco)
“Seeking Resolve” included 5 world premieres and the work of 5 choreographers based in the Bay Area, Virginia, Texas, and Beijing. This evening of work reflected on the passage of time with tributes to beginnings, endings, and the depth of what can emerge in the middle. The evening-length performance included choreography by Philein Wang, Sunny Shen, Liu Yi Feng, Scott Putman, and Charles O. Anderson on a cast of 11 dancers.
– July 26, 2012: In Search Of – LDTX Studio Theater (Beijing, China)
Performed as part of the Beijing Dance Festival. Featured choreography by Philein Wang, Charles O. Anderson, and Scott Putman.
– May 31, 2012: ZiRu Productions presents Simon Ting – Yugong Yishan Club (Beijing, China)
Simon Ting‘s inaugural live show in Beijing, featuring all-new music written, composed, and performed by Ting. Choreography by Mark Pablico (artistic director of Project M, an all-male hip hop company in San Francisco) and Philein Wang.
– May 25-27, 2012: A Collage of Dance – Red Flag Theater (Liao Yuan, China)
An evening of dance with choreography by Philein Wang; RAWdance Co-artistic directors Ryan Smith and Wendy Rein; LBTP student choreographer Babatunji Johnson; and LBPT faculty choreographers Sidra Bell, LeeWei Chao, Gregory P. Dawson, and Kara Davis.
– May 12, 2012: ZiRu Productions presents Simon Ting – Taiwanese American Cultural Festival – Union Square (San Francisco)
– Dec 16-18, 2011: Zero Hour – Lantian Theatre (Beijing, China)
– Sept 23-24, 2011: Zero Hour – Mountain View Center for Performing Arts (Mountain View)
– May 14, 2011: Taiwanese American Cultural Festival – Union Square (San Francisco)
– April 8, 2011: ITASA Talent Show – Pauley Ballroom (UC Berkeley)
– Jan 2011: Women on the Way Festival – The Garage (San Francisco)
– Dec 17-19, 2010: Zero Hour – Penghao Theater (Beijing, China)
– Nov 5-6, 2010: Zero Hour – Mountain View Center for Performing Arts (Mountain View)
– Sept 12, 2010: Second Sundays Forum Showing
– CounterPULSE (San Francisco)
– Jul 23-29, 2009: Summer Tour 2009 (Shanghai and Guangzhou, China)
Our 2nd Annual summer tour in China, featured the choreography of Philein Wang and Winifred Harris, with guest artists Aaron Wolfolk, Miko Doi, and Darrien Henning.
– Oct 3-5, 2008: Stories from Home – San Francisco Dance Mission Theater (San Francisco)
A showcase of dance, music, video, and poetry featuring the choreography of Philein Wang and Lori Tilkin and directed by Joerg Ihle.
View Press Release here (.pdf)
– Oct 18-19, 2008: Asia – 5th Annual Trolley Dance Festival (San Francisco)
– May 9-10, 2008: Dance My Way Back Home – Caochangdi Workstation (Beijing, China)
Selected Earlier Work
– 2006: Praxis Project (Los Angeles)
– 2006: Asian Heritage Show (Los Angeles)